Thread: Translation?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good! About Mayo that is....

Once I got a second 'second opinon' by a leading teaching hospital Neuro Dept head in my area who prescribed and gave all the 'orders' for tests, MRI's, blood work and spinal - I just went and DID them and it spurred my cautious second neuro [who'd be going on trak that way but VEERRRRYYY SLLLOOOOWWWWLLLY-the 'Slowskies' are fast by comparison!] to go for the diagnosis and subesquent treatment of IVIG... Gotta tell you I only had two visits with that neuro dept head...seeing my neuro nearer by for all the rest. Carrot and stick philosophy I guess. That a neuro higher up the food chain gave the 'back up' or primary diagnosis [either way I don't care? The insurance company was satisfied with the diagnostics and subsequent treatments.

If you go back to late Oct or november in this thread's postings...you will find many outlining Silverlady [Billye's] experiences of the Mayo...Others have put in their two cents as well....Can help you grasp what all can happen to you in what seems like rocket speed! All the testing, hurrying then waiting, then more testing...rescheduling..means for very long, exhausting and wearing days..but you mite, if truly lucky get some definitives or other directions to explore---so to speak. Just be persistent and keep lots of faith about going and doing and ideally getting answers! Some/any answers are all we ask for...that 'it's in the head' or 'live with it stuff' is patent blather in my opinion.

Good luck during the interim tho...truly 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote