View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks LisaJean and Bobbi....

Lexi goes to see her cardiologist on the 7th of October and he did mention Dysautonomus and we are going to be looking into it. The doc did mention that there are only a few REALLY GOOD DOCS for this and that if all else fail he will be giving me a referral to the Mayo clinic. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Lexi failed the tilt table study miserably. She was on the table for less than a minute without the IV running and her heart stopped and she had almost no breathing. Talk about horrifying!! The cardiologist said that she had the worst tilt table study in A.I. DuPont for Children's History We have been through soo many tests and to soo many docs. We had docs who said that she was faking it and docs who said that I WAS DOING IT, and then other docs who said that it was in both of our heads!! My mom(Cardiac Technician) and I have walked out on so many doctors because they can be so ridiculous at times.

I even had one doc who wanted me Not to call 911 when my daughter was having a seizure, but to video tape it and send it to him as proof!!! WHAT AN IDIOT. Some of them just don't understand that as a mother, your supposed to be able to kiss it and make it better all the time, but what happens when you can't?? The holidays are rough for her when all the goodies come out and family members forget and bake brownies to give us or chocolate chip cookies. Halloween has been the worst in the past. Lexi use to think "What's the point in trick or treating, if you can't eat the candy!!" but I can say that family members are remembering and offering her lollipops or starbursts and things like that so she can Trick or Treat with little sis

As for the Gatorade, I am now experimenting with new and inventive ways to get her to drink it. Little by little it's starting to work. She seems to like the "RAIN" version a little better. we were told that she needs to drink at least 1 gallon a day and in the summer 2 gallons. That is an astronomical amount and I can sympathize with her sometimes. It's the teachers in school too I know that they have a lot of children to look after in the class, but i keep telling them that it isn't going to disrrupt your class if you walk over to her and whisper in her ear to drink!!

Anyway, thanks for the website and the G. types. I will definately be looking into them.

Thank You Both So Much and Many Blesings
Marie
Tinkerbell1921 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote