Thread: Hey its Amy
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Amy and I talked - I am the one who's tongue swelled up like quasimoto for about 9 months. It had pins and needles, very sensitive and no taste. It was after novocaine. I also had bad pins and needles with marcaine after my scalene block, which I discussed with the doc and he poo-poo'd me off...

As for dental, dentist blamed TOS, neuro TOS doc blamed dentist for hitting nerve root...I got no answers, no relief and no help. Time finally did the trick, as several people here promised it would. But at the time, it was the straw that was about to really send me over the EDGE.

I regularly have pain going up side of face, ear, behind cheek, eye, molar pains, and sometimes tongue still buzzes or lips buzz. A couple of times my entire face has gone numb for about ten minutes. Recently, above my eye, a muscle pulls up.

Do you other TOSers not have this facial pain? I suspect some of us have trigeminal nerve pain included in our TOS, and yes, the pain is very bad, but it's just as bad as the pain that is in my neck right now, and my ankles at this moment...different, but same level...

That's why I needed, and need a change of, major pain meds. That's why I can't sleep for sometimes days on end.

Luckily, it does have an ebb and tide to it, and I'm waiting for a break.

Amy, we all love you here, and when / if you can post, we love your posts!!!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote