View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Did the neurologist evaluate the prescription medications AND the non-prescription substances? It is well known that Ginko Biloba can cause headaches. I tried it a few years ago and had to stop. It caused the worst headaches of my life. A lot of the substances on your list can have side effects. And then there is the possibility of interactions, and the likelihood of drug interaction problems increases with every additional drug or substance.

A while back, I stopped all medications. I did it with my doctor. It was helpful because it established a baseline for my condition. Then we started adding medications methodically and only one at a time. It was kinda painful as the PD symptoms came out in full force. It was also very enlightening.

I was on antidepressants for ten years before I started to have insomnia. My doctor said that over time, our reactions to medications can change, and that is probably what happened to me. I was taking antidepressants for so long because of diagnosed migraines. It turns out that I had sleep apnea and that was the cause of the headaches. Since I've been sleeping with a CPAP machine to keep me breathing and thus properly oxygenate my blood, the headaches are no more. It turns out, I didn't have migraines and didn't need the antidepressants--though, I'll have to admit, they did help.

Did you say how long ago your last surgery was?
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote