View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:43 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Moi - My condolences on the loss of your friends.

Goofy - I'm glad to see you're feeling better after the surgery.

Addy - You sound happy. That makes me happy.

Alffe - Poor little Rascal. I used to have a big female German Shepherd. About once a week, a little Yorkshire Terrier (Buddy) would show up at our house. He crossed a lot of busy streets to get to our house. The two of them would play in my backyard while I called the owner to come pick him up. One time my dog was in heat. Being so small, he had no access to her - except when she laid down. Even then, it was impossible for him to "climb aboard." She'd give him a look like "you've GOT to be kidding" - then push him away with her nose.

A friend of ours lost his wife recently. They had been college sweethearts and married for close to 60 years. We met at the park several years ago, walking our dogs. Peggy suffered from diabetes, so she sat in the car. Sometimes I'd sit with her, sometimes I'd walk with the guys. After the walk, the dogs would all gather at the car window - Peggy would give each one a dog biscuit. It was a cute site - her car looked like an ice cream truck, and the dogs looked like anxious little kids.

Gus lost it when Peggy died. When Ray went to the funeral, Gus said to him "I feel like I should know you." That hurt Ray because they are close friends. He calls Ray whenever he needs something. When Ray hurt his back shoveling a few years ago, I caught that old man out front trying to shovel for us.

We went to the park last night and Gus showed up for the first time with his dog and a woman his kids hired to keep an eye on him. He remembered me, then had no trouble remembering Ray!
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote