View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jim

Hope the tornados that went through Florida didn't hit your digs. I had a DBS in 2005 and it has made a tremendous difference. At first I couldn't talk and my hands were like limp noodles. It took about 9 months of programming to tweek it to the optimum performance for me.

Since then I have been able to help my oldest son out of a homeless situation in Florida. Brought him back to Minnesota, walked him over to a VoTech school and enrolled him in Truck driving classes. I have been able to see my other two sons married, one couple moved to Texas and my son is studying to be a lawyer. Other couple, my youngest son, have moved across the state to work as paramedics while my son studies science classes he will need to take to pass the medical exams and has a full scholarship offered to him to attend medical school to become a cardialogist.

I have also seen my first grandchild. The summer before my DBS surgery, I was in and out of ICU in a drug induced coma while they cleaned out my system of the toxins accumulated after 15 years of taking drugs.

Good Luck,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote