View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Marilyn

You are really lucky within the unlucky group (who has TN like us is unlucky) because you diagnose the disease in the very beginning. I have this since 1992, like what happened to others, i went to dentist, dentist can't diagnose and recommend me to ENT, but i don't have money to see ENT so i just leave it and the pain will come periodically, at first pain remain few months then stopped for few months then pain again, but it getting more and more serious, until 3 years ago, i went to ENT, he did a CT scan and say is Sinus, go operation, and the pain still remain, come and go. until i was in China 2 months ago, the pain came again, can't even sleep, then go for doctor and the recommend me to meet up with a neurologist, and he disgnosed that is TN. I doubt on it and search internet for more info and read that, the pain described in internet for this disease is exactly what i experienced! I go for another neurologist after i back to my home country and now start for medication. She gave me very low dose, as follow:

1. Gabepentine 300mg per day
2. Amitriptyline 12.5mg per day
3. Ultracet 37.5mg per day
4. levetiracetam 500 per day

I wish the expert here can give me some advise whether this dose is too low? I need to go back to China (I work there) soon and will go to see the neurologist again next week, just worry if my pain can't cure this week, when back to China, I have no neurologist to advise me there. Thanks in advance
cktay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote