Thread: Stress again
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yep, Stress

I knew that stress was a factor in my ailment long before anyone ever suggested PD. I am a former military officer and had been in very stressful situations during my military career--sometimes life or death sort of situations. When I retired from the military, the stiffness and gait problems started. Very gradually symptoms started to appear that I now know are part of the PD package. Then, after about nine years in my second career in higher education administration, a new boss came in who seemed resolved to make life miserable for me. It was during this stressful time that the PD symptoms really started to affect my life.

The early symptoms came gradually over a long period of time and were tolerable as I gradually adjusted to them. During and after the conflict with my new boss, the problems worsened and they now seem seem to be getting worse at a more rapid rate.

Sinemet helped my gait problem. But this last week I started working again--just two hours a day at first, then I'm supposed to gradually add more hours as I adjust. Unfortunately, I'm back working for the same boss. Remarkably, as I was walking from the parking lot to the office my first day back, the gait problem returned, even though it hadn't bothered me since I started the sinemet.

My conclusion: It's that stress thing again. My experiences tell me that stress is very clearly a major factor that affects how well I feel. It is the main antagonist in the drama I call my life.

Karl
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote