Thread: Stress again
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Yep

And it won't get any better. That is, the boss is going to still be an SOB. The traffic is still going to be nasty. The world will continue to turn with no thought of us at all. And continued stress will continue to kill neurons long term and mess up our circuits short term.

So, since the world won't change for us, if we are gonna save our own butts then we have to change either ourselves or our corner of the world. Once we accept the idea that stress is not a symptom but rather a cause, things change and opportunities arise that we didn't have before.

Exercise lowers levels of stress reaction.
Tai chi does too.
Ditto for meditating.
Yoga exercises and breathing techniques.
Biofeedback and hypnosis.
Massage, reiki, bodywork of various types.
Certain music. Nature.
Of course, the job's gotta go.

All those seemed to be ways to manage symptoms when things got bad enough. Now I know that they are things that have the potential to stop PD and just maybe allow me to repair myself. The difference is subtle but huge.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote