View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk Oh, Hell Yes... I'm In!!

any of those dates would work as far as my (no) life goes... it would be the traffic patterns that i'd want to be mindful of - so if you could take that into consideration, johanna, if it does turn out to be a weekday, that is, i'd be grateful.

in other words, plan around rush hour, on either side of the work day - i'd be driving down from sherman oaks, so probably take the 405, over the river and through 'de woodz...

this is gonna be great! since it is a special occasion and the gathering will include our S.O.'s (i'm assuming), though - i wonder if it shouldn't just be a full-on dragout regular ole' party format, rather than set it up like a support group meeting? just a thought!

if we do submit our stories, maybe an outline structure of some type would be helpful to keep that part flowing. like type of TOS, when dx'd/by whom, surgery (yes/no - by whom, what type, where, etc.), tx plan, meds you're on or have tried in the past, modalities you've found helpful/not helpful, favorite docs, PT's, other practitioners...

not sure, i know litigation, unfortunately is a big part of some TOS'ers stories but doesn't apply to all of us - frustration, grief and loss certainly on point but does it contribute to a festive party spirit? i'm thinkin'....NOT!!!

it would be great if there were a contact sheet of some sort where each guest could sign in and give their phone/email/fax #'s (if they wanted to), so that we can keep in better touch with each other and the new people who will hopefully come to party down! maybe do this on a workbook or laptop, even... better for posterity purposes (& TOS handwriting CAN be, shall we say a bit "iffy" - well, my chicken scratch, anyway!).

this is gonna be so much fun!!! thank you, johanna, for offering up your home to do this. very brave of you, i must say!

anything i can do to help with the prep, or after - please let me know. ahem, i don't do windows. i don't sweep, use a vacuum, mop, wipe counters, dust, or... OK OK OK i'm fairly useless but i can delegate like there's no tomorrow!

now, if i can just find out where to rent a significant other to bring with... i'll be all set-

i have some insignificant others; do they count? ah, but they're flakes and would be no-shows at best... nevermind.

alison
"Be Brave"
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote