View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi KimmyDawn,

Carbs are so useful, they also help us (me, at least, that's for sure) go to sleep.

A few years ago a woman who had been a chemist visted my web site and then wrote to thank me for the B12 information because it had been useful to her. She told me about the Eat Right for Your Blood Type Diet, and I looked into it.

Basically, since I didn't know my blood type, I found foods that were either neutral or benficial for all, and one of them was brown rice.

So I started eating that.

The woman who told me about it said that I could eat all the brown rice I wanted. (By then we were emailing)

So I began doing that, eating a LOT of it when I had a craving, and I did lose weight. She had said she had and that I would.

Recently when I didn't have electric I was reading an old Women's Health book that I have, and in it there was an explanation for why brown rice does that, but without my computer running, I failed to make note of where in the book the explanation was.

When I have had a lot of stress, like last year after I learned my condo had been foreclosed and sold without any hearing, I had huge bowls of brown rice several times a day, and yes... I continued to lose weight.

At that time, the Adult Protective Services people went to the store to get it for me, since then as now I couldn't drive. I had explained to them how upset I was and how I needed the brown rice to help me handle the stress.

Interestingly enough, there are B vitamins in brown rice, so that may be one reason it works so well for me. And, it gets rid of diarrhea, which many people with low B12 suffer from. Low B12 is associated with depression.

I write about the brown rice phenomenon on my page about how I lost 10 inches.

I have some brown rice on my candle right now.
(Broken Wings) (08-30-2009)