View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

I've had 6 TOS get-togethers and I find it easiest for everyone just to set a time on a weekend, put out food, and allow people to arrive as they can, and do not ask or expect anything else.

The last get-together we had we went around with each "story" which I felt was not helpful to the purpose of the meeting - I wish we had not done that, and had stuck to our old form of just conversing freely. The rigidity of the "story" format meant that we couldn't interact really, and before, we mingled and shared and a ton of information got passed out and passed around, including any phone numbers if one felt comfortable. People often bring print-outs of exercises, etc., or share doc info., but I think when they are on the spot of giving their history, it is too intrusive in person. Anyways, that's what I felt afterwards - no biggie.

With our various limitations, I find any request to fill out a story, form, or provide a phone number is asking too much. It is just enough for people to get their family member to get them to the house - you know what I mean? Most of us need to have some working individual bring us, so weekends are crucial. Also, most of us have to drive some distance, so again, weekends at midday are a good shot traffic-wise.

I will not impose my opinion further, but Johanna, it is up to you to decide what works for you and just do it, and you will have people show up, and a few won't be able to make it due to symptoms, etc. But keep it really simple for yourself, whatever that means for you. Otherwise, you're going to get one hell of a flare...and that's no fun!

So just keep it really easy, however you can, ok?
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote