View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I remember reading some articles about the Black Panthers that were very sympathetic; perhaps enlightening is a better word.

I also know that overall the movement was not understood or seen as having any useful purpose by many white people.

I know that the federal government uses many means to stiffle dissent, that if there were really freedom of expression, they would not.

When I was writing constantly about abuse by the IRS, and then President Clinton was going to be in Albuquerque, the White House called the local mental health people to come to my house and get me and put me in a mental ward so that I would not go to Albuquerque. (That is what the mental health people said.)

Luckily the police officer did not think I sounded unbalanced and he would not act for them.

That afternoon I had a court hearing which I won. In those days I was still able to think on my feet, and I was able to relate what had happened. The judge said he would not let them take me away, either, because he was "The Court" and they could not take me without a court order. I those days I didn't realize that the judge at a hearing was referred to as, "the Court."

So, I thank cloudz for the post. Thank you, Cloudz!