View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Mucker,

I just read all of your posts, and wanted to say:

I had TOS for four years before my surgery. It took ONE YEAR for me to get any relief.

The relief I got was a break on headaches, and the color changes, inability to tolerate ice and other RSD symptoms went away quite quickly.

But we are all each different.

We are dealing with (most of us) invisible compressions / damage / inflammation and intermittent damage / of our nervous system, including the nerves as they go up into the brain.

My doc said, "please be patient, it took you a long time to get here, it will take time to heal."

Now, 1 1/2 years, the headaches are back (but is it the high heat and move?) and none of the RSD is here. I still have high pain - but not what I used to call the "suicide pain" which I used to get pre-surgery and was life threatening. I do have pretty bad fibromyalgia pain.

Have you identified your different kinds of pain and the different areas of your body?

Here are my thoughts, but they may be incorrect:

Skin burning like in a pizza oven, on surface, with sometimes surface knife stabs - that's my CRPS or RSD. It moves around, some weeks it's on my right arm. Then it moves to left. Then it moves to back of calves. Comes and goes.

Fibromyalgia - deep bone aching, deep muscle aching. Feels like bad flu. I get that on ankles, calves, arms, shoulders, back, hips. Comes and goes.

TOS pain - too many symptoms to list - but includes neck pain like I've been in a car accident yesterday - top of shoulder, shoulder, knife pain between shoulder blade and spine, middle of arm there is a big knot, little grape knots that form on back, spot by elbow, pain on forearm and hand and needling pain on thumbs, fingers and feet. These pains are constant, from a 6 to 10.

Just food for thought.

You will see benefits - I just KNOW it. Let your body heal...don't get too discouraged as we all know TOS has its ups and downs also...after surgery is very, very hard!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote