View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rachel,

I feel very much like you do. How many times are we going to let BT1 do this to us? In my eyes there is little caring from the BT1 mgmnt. Ordinary members take their "responsibilities" here very seriously. If they didn't the CD/GS forum would not be what is is today [well...what it was before the crash]. That attitude doesn't exist in in the "powers that be". At least I can't see it. And if it does...they pick one hell of a way to show it!

I can understand loyalty. I live it everyday to Cara and the many that inhabit the CD/GS forum. I would not be the person I am today without y'all. I am grateful for the existence of BT1, but it's the people that live in it are the ones that have my loyalty. It's the people, not the place. In my heart & mind I question - do the actions of BT1 deserve loyalty [and respect] from us? Does the overwhelming display of apathy from BT1 deserve loyalty? I don't think I can answer yes.

Does BT1 deserve a chance to redeem themselves? Boy, I still wrestle with this. My head tells me Yes, they deserve the chance. My heart tells me No, they've known all along there have been issues and it's time to stop being used as a doormat!!

Yes Rachel, I have been "absent" from BT1 for awhile now. It has little to do with BT1 itself [although it does heavily grind my gears], but rather myself It's not anything anyone did or didn't do - it all comes from inside me. I struggled for a year or more over my involvement here. I just didn't feel I was pulling my own weight - plain and simple. I have bored Cara with several PM's about this - and this is my 1st public airing of this. I stumbled upon "the other board" , in Oct 2004. It was very very small and very very quiet - just barely off the ground [they started in Aug 2004]. I thought, this would be a good place to hang out. It has grown slowly over the years and is now pretty busy [not anywhere near BT]. I at least I feel I'm doing some good [instead of making wisecracks out here disrupting the learning]. Heck they even asked me to write a little article for GF Pantry's newsletter [it's now called www.glutenfree.com.

I have never totally left you guys, because it would hurt too much. So instead, I lurk and come back for visits. It is fun starting the Roll Call threads and posting research articles I come across .

So...there...I have now come clean to everyone. Please be gentle...

Last edited by aklap; 08-28-2006 at 06:33 PM.
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote