Thread: Hey its Amy
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Neurontin

In my experience of 10 years with TOS, RSD, Fibro, Reynauds, Scoliosis, on & on. Neurontin is the ONLY medication I can tolerate and it DOES most assuredly help my nerve pain.

Yes, there is weight gain, but not the sugar issue (to the best of my knowledge). It will sap energy, but what else are you doing while having this pain??

I have managed to settle in to a relatively low dose. (600 mg a day). 100mg am, 200mg mid-day, and 300mg at bedtime. This is after many years of trial and error. It is possible to have too much or too little of course. Give it time and your body will adapt and hopefully need less rather than a higher dose.

I have read many posts where some have been prescribed very high levels of Neurontin. I do not know how anyone can function with too much. If the levels are 'right', you will have relief and be able to have at least partial days with some decent quality of life in them.

Neurontin, I understand, does not have an adverse reaction when combined with other medications, which is huge.

In my opinion, Neurontin is worth a try and will not 'hurt' you in the way many other 'nerve pain' medications will.

I deeply hope you all can find relief and a managable level of pain (if we must).

Please ask your physician about Neurontin.

Warmly,
Anne
Bi-Coastal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote