View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, you are going to think I am a genius.

I went down there today and first we did the scan disk, then we did the defrag. Made not whit of difference. And yes, I closed the Macafee thing.

Made no difference. So I said to myself "Melody, when you need to find an answer on the internet, where do you go??" and I answered myself "why, to a message board of course". So the next logical thought in my mind was "The guy downstairs who is 80 and uses the computer, doesn't speak a word of english, only italian and only Sicilian". It's a dialect of italian.

So what did Melody do?? I went to yahoo, typed in Italian computer message boards. You will never guess what happend?

Yup... found the guy a message board out of Italy, that's in Sicilian.

I registered him and we got the email and we validated his registration. I then told him in italian. "Type up your whole problem, and include your e-mail". If anyone knows emachines, they'll contact you. His computer does work but it's slow, but hey, the guy is 80 and he's not going anywhere.

So I left him happily typing in italian, and his 80 year old wife asleep on the couch. I went upstairs and cooked my chicken and broccoli.

Tell me I'm not good........

lol Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote