View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloneouthere View Post
Well, the rebuilder caught my eye mainly because it states that it helps in reversing neuropathy, rather than masking the symptoms. Since I'm still very young (only 23) I'm not interested in taking pres. meds unless I REALLy have to. I'm sure, wing42, that your advice about any kind of massage or tens is just as effective in healing nerves. It just seems like the rebuilder does it better, and faster. They also claim to have a different mechanism than the tens machine. For example, they claim to open up the nerve channels and wake up those nerves by providing massive amounts of blood flow, whereas the tens machine blocks the pain signal. Now, of course, you're the expert on this, not me. Do you feel like the rebuilder has helped you heal or just reduce the pain (mask symptoms)?
Heal. I couldn't walk or sleep when I started with the Rebuilder, but now do both. I currently use the Rebuilder once a week or more often during flareups.

Please understand that the Rebuilder is only part of what I do, so it's hard to ascribe getting better to one thing only. We are a unified whole. See my post in the stickies section: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...p?t=177&page=2 , items 18, 19, and 20.

What works for my idiopathic small fiber polyneuropathy may not help you, but nothing in the program will hurt you. You'll have to figure it out for yourself. My goal is to give a starting point and framework for that process.

With your courage and attitude, you'll deal with this powerfully and effectively, but keep an open mind. Living happily with PN, and/or healing might require changes in your life, self image, and ways of reacting to the world in unexpected ways. For example, for me it was critical to get rid of my chronic low level anger and short temper. PN can be a gift and a teacher in unexpected ways...it gave me my son and wife who were getting more and more alienated from me the way I was before having PN. What a cliche that is, turning lemons into lemonade, but sometimes that's what's needed. I'm much happier now than when the PN started, and a big part in that is what I had to learn and how I had to change to deal with the PN.
"Thanks for this!" says:
CarlaDanDan (12-21-2010)