View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thanks Anne for the confirming post...

And also, even if we don't feel impaired at all, the scariest thing is that they will just take you in anyways, take your blood, and sure, you can pay $5K to have an attorney try to prove that we're used to our meds, and it didn't impair us on that date, but again, if it's a judge, I feel he or she would just look at the list of some of our meds and BANG of the gavel, jail time, etc.

Or, if it's a jury, they are going to think, hhhmmm, she's so disabled she can't work, and she's qualified on Social Security and Medicare, and then on these meds, and she's driving and putting my life at risk? Nope - guilty!

So as innocent as we may be in fact, the politics behind it would get us, I fear.

And again, what could be worse with TOS than getting hauled off to jail, so uncomfortable, then the costs, the hearings, and the risk of a civil suit if we are in an at-fault accident and are not properly insured (high enough $.)

At the least, everyone check your liability amount and make sure if you were sued, you would be covered enough so that the person would not come after your home, etc. Don't just cover the "minimums" by law, if you are a homeowner.

God bless, we're in this one together!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote