View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Di,

I clearly state my info. is based on CA. Whether a level is therapeutic or not, it is whether one is or would reasonably considered impaired at that time. Proving what you took and when is difficult if you have no witnesses to that - and besides, it goes again to say you'd already be arrested, have to hire a lawyer, etc.

It all depends on what the officers may ask you.

And YES, in CA if you take an over the counter cold medicine, and you are legally stopped and asked what you've taken and / or you seem impaired by observation, you are taken under arrest in CA for DUI. That's why I'm writing this post!!! Most people don't know that this is how the law works in CA.

AGAIN, with TOS, I don't want to sit in a holding cell with no blankets, food or meds for 15 hours waiting to be bailed out...It would be nightmarish. But everyone can check their own state. In CA, there is absolutely no need for a doc to say a word. It would be just more evidence AGAINST you if you had been admonished not to drive in medical records...

This may only be for CA, so please check your state in particular.

Just to really, really make this clear: I was thinking about this today, and it is NOT directed at anyone, just to let you all know how scary an event could turn into, and you can make your own decisions. OK?
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote