View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Tam, If any one on this board is ever cited for DUI without PC, and has to hire an attorney and the BAc and drug test show theraputic levels, the police department is going to have some real liability issues. In any state they have to have PC. Unless the person driving is abusing their medications and the drug test shows that. Then they do not belong on the road.

A good doctor can look you in the eye and tell you, you should not be driving.

Those on medications with concerns of legal driving problems should talk about it to doctors.
I could tell someone was on something. I had a pharmasist out of Phila driving several miles, many people complaintaints, and I saw him hit street signs and almost run into an accdient scene I was on.

HE blew a .00 in the Breathalyzer. We had the PC test on video. He was asked to submit to drug testing as from the observations something was wrong.
It turned out to be valium and vidcodin which he had no perscription for.

I can meet many many TOsers, and off the top I would be able to tell if they could not drive. Never met one yet.
Even as lay folks or family members we can tell if the loved ones could not drive.

If you are a toser and all over the raod, do not know how you got where you were, speeding, too slow, rear end a car a few times, or nearly do, your meds need adjustment or stop driving.

But, even mental problems can cause temporay reasons not to drive, severe stress, inability to concentrate, make one innatentive to drive. Not DUI but inatentive, negalgent perhaps.
Just thinking out loud.
I felt in your warning it was really saying no one talking meds should be operating a car.
But, we can without worrys if things are OK with us.

I did not even allow my daughter to drive, I took her taxi running. She took her brothers car. She deserved a speeding ticket, she did not deserve to be thrown across a hood of a cruiser, forearm agaisnt the neck knee into the lumbar to drop her to the ground, as she cried not to cuff her to give her a ticket for speeding, and she would have me come get her.

They said No we know you take oxycotin your are under arrest.
Civil court, the police dept lost...she traveled over three miles with no traffic violations except speeding the judge rulled no PC.

She ended up with double vision, annular tear in the lumbar and severe brusing under the arm pits and upper arms. and face black from bruising.
I guess that is why I advocate that in the end she had her justice and police learn now they have a liability.
di
You can not be arrested until the BAC or drug test comes back. A DA's office is not going to approve an arrest or need for an attorney if the burden is not met is my experiance.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote