View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I think that stress has quite a bit to do with bad flareups.

I was doing marvelously, Until I got that phone call from my son. Then not only did my feet start to burn, but I felt the hairs on my body standing up straight. I swear to god, this actually happened. I was trying to watch tv, and putting my mind at ease but of course that was not going to happen in 5 minutes or so after hanging up from him.

Then I noticed like a whisper like feeling coming over my arms. I know that feeling. I said to myself "oh my god, here we go again". Like Ants or small things crawling over my arms. I actually had to look at my arm in the light of the tv, just to make sure nothing was crawling on me.

I never do this. Never. My symptoms have all but gone away.

Then one stupid phone call and my body reacts.

I know we have no control on the stress others give us and we have to learn coping strategies and de-stressors. That's why I go to Gam-anon and on their message boards. I have learned much from these people.

And because I run my own Aspergers forum for parents like me and Alan, well it helps to reach out to others. And of course, this forum is the most important one of all.

With this forum, we get to hear about what works for some and not for others. I would have never known about the Methyl B-12.

Oh, I just checked on iherb. They have a methyl b-12 (3000) pill with folic acid and Vitamin C. You get 50 losenges for $6.89. It's called BioChem. I could go from 5000 a day to 3000 a day and get the other supplements in the same pill so it's a bargain. I think 3000 a day would do just fine for me. If not, and I see I get really tired, I'll just double it. No big deal.

iherb is really economical and they ship really fast.

bye for now. Waiting for the big guy to come and meet up with me at Dunkin for our Sunday date. lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote