View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcharris View Post
I have been reading all the posts about B12 deficiency....... and wondered if you could point me to a website/reference that shows moons and ridges are damaged/missing with B12 deficiency? I have pictures of my thumbs and fingers if anyone can 'read' them.

Also I am curious if anyone has had Hcy and MMA testing done? I truly believe that I may well be seriously B12 deficient even with a reading of 500+

I have given myself a B12 injection .... one every other day (3 in all) these last few days but seem to get worse symptoms after each injection. Symptoms like a sore tongue, extreme chilling coldness, headache, pounding in my chest........ this is most frightening. Anyone care to speculate?

Thanks for listening.

Clare in Tasmania
Mcharris

I can't see the pictures very well on my computer screen. They are very little.

Did you go to my site? I have some large images of my fingernailss over a period of time, and some show how they look when the infection I have in my jaw flares.

Your tongue may be sore because you are short of other B vitamins in addition to B12. It's good to take a Mega B of some sort while you are having B12 replacement.

I don't know about that chest thing. I had it badly this spring and again this summer after some intense stress. I stayed in bed, and I found that B12 shots helped, but it was weeks before it resolved, and yes, it was very scary.

Are you taking a mullti with all the Bs in it along with your B12 shots? A swollen or very red tongue can be a sign of low B vitamins.

Stick with it. Remember, when you are very low on B12 it isn't something that one shot or even three in three days can repair..

A 500 level for a blood B12 test is still lower than the low normal in Japan and some other countries. I have a great article on my site about how the low in Japan is 550 because that's the level at which changes for the worse in cognition can be seen.

I still haven't found the great article I have someplace on how if a spinal tap is done to test, then the level for Methylmalonic can be 600 times lower than the other tests for it... I think that's it.

What that basically says is that the blood can rapidly change to look way more healthy than we actually are, deeper inside out bodies.

I hope you get a mega B if you aren't taking one already, and I hope you stick with the shots... no pun intended.