View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
Karen,

Again, it appears that you are a very rare case, if that is what happened to you. And you should do what you feel is right for you.

Certainly some people store B12 very badly, and you may store so badly that you need a shot a day. I will not dispute that, as there is a rare exception to most rules.

However, the possibility of anyone here having that situation and benefitting more from a shot a day of cyanocobalamin than a daily methylcobalamin is about as likely than being hit by lightning today.

What you refer to as getting worse has been explain repeatedly here as the healing process, whether with cyanocobalamin, hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalasmin. When one has been damaged badly, there is no guarantee that improvement will happen at all. For most people, the regular dose of usable B12 (methylcobalamin), as opposed to cyanocobalamin that must be converted to methylcobalamin, optimizes the possibility of improvement.

rose
Rose,
Isn't this site for people who do have unusual health circumstances?
If it is, as I believe it is, then my experience may not be rare in this community.

I understand that you think it is a normal part of the healing process to get worse, I disagree with you.

In my experience I always improved except when there were additional stresses and then I got worse until after I increased the amount of B12 replacement I was having to handle the drains from the additional stress.

In terms of your "lightning" analogy, you are wrong. You have no data to indicate that is even remotely true.

You have been writing to people in the peripheral neuropathy forum for years, and many of them still have the same pain levels I had but which went away after I had a shot a day for several months while I had tetanus.

It does a disservice to people to encourage them to take less B12. What people need to do is find the right amount for themselves by recording their symptoms, their shots, and the changes in their symptoms.

Please show me some medical, scientific research that explains how people who are taking B12 get worse as a part of the healing process.