View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chris 1090.. I have had PCS for 2.5 years now. I won't lie to you, there IS a chance it can be permanent BUT more likely than not, it will eventually go away. Every Neurologist I have spoken to about it can never say for sure. They always mention that it is a question of time...

Mine IS improving in a strange back and forth kind of way. I'm putting a 5-7 year sort of expectation on mine, although of course I have no idea when it will get better.

My PCS has improved over time. It is less acute and less 'in my face' like the first year. I am in control a lot more than I used to be. It is hard and I know what you're going through BUT the key is to not lose sight of the future. 2.5 years, well, I thought I'd never get here. But here I am. I have loads of symptoms and can't work full-time yet... but it doesn't take my sense of wanting to get better away.

I suggest you live your life in the present, day-to-day progress will help you feel less frustrated. And, above all, I recommend combatting stress in any way you can! Stress will make every symptom just that much worse, and eventually drag you down. The more positive you feel, the chances are that you'll start to feel better sooner.

Furthermore, a head injury can mean long recovery in some cases. Don't expect overnight recovery but do expect that things get better. In my first 6 months I thought my life was essentially over. When I changed that attitude, things changed for the better. I have changed, refocused my life and priorities. I found that the most refreshing and useful thing to do.

Good luck with it and keep positive as much as you can.
gerbil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote