View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Driving and Drugs

This Could Have Killed Me And My Kids...i Was On Too Much Medicine For 2yrs...i Had 4 Fender Benders In One Year...a Wake Up Call To My Family And Finally Me!!!

If You Have 2 Doctors Or More Prescribing You Meds They Have To Communicate And The Pharmacist Is Your Last Stop At Telling You If You Will Have Interactions...for 2yrs I Was So Greatfull For Pain Relief I Didnt Ask Questions Like I Should Have.I THOUGHT HEY IM A NURSE I KNOW WHAT IM DOING....i Would Tell Both Doctors What I Was Taking..i Had To I Had A Pain Contract With My Neurologist And The Pharmacy...it Didnt Matter. Doctors Half The Time Do Not Look At What Med Causes What..i Would Be Having Extreme Anger And My Psych Would Give Me Something For That..i Would Be Having Extreme Depression And My Neuro Would Give Me Something For That Since We Thought It Was Due To Pain...I had so much rebound pain from Avinza and the doctors didnt know it was that..

Doctors are told by the drug reps what a great drug this and that is that they dont see side effects sometimes...only drug seeking behavior or think your mental...be aware of this..a lot of drugs cause slurred speech and a drunk look so they pass you off as high or mental...

Many of the anti seizure drugs and anti depressants actually can cause the reverse to happen to you. You can also get extreme anger from too many pain meds and anti seizures and anti depressants can cause you to be more depressed they can also cause you to feel more pain if you are sensitive..

Talk To Your Pharmacist...they Will Not Always Voice Their Concern...i Am Still Going Through That Now..i Need A Decent Pharmacist that will actually look at the drugs Im on and say something...or I Wouldnt Have Had Some Of These Side Effects From Meds Mixing...I HAVE BEEN ASKING THEM AFTER EVERY MED..SINCE THIS HAPPENED..I have changed PHARMACIES...

Neuro Meds Can Cause Mood Swings Severe Or Mild Know That!!!

I Had One Cop Ask Me On My 4th Wreck What Was Going On With Me...i Thought To Myself Stress.but he thought I was drunk....I told him what meds I was on and that I had been on them for a year..he didnt do a thing because I guess in Al therapeutic levels are legal...then It Hit Me When My Husband Came To The Scene And Wanted A Divorce For All The Wrecks And Meds I Was On..my Family Had Been Telling Me For 2yrs I Was On Too Many!! I Kept Thinking I Need These Meds To Live With This Pain..i Have Tos, Ltn Injury, Rsd, Carpal Tunnel, All Confirmed By Emg, Blocks Etc, Previous Punctured Lung, depression... And I Cant Not Go Through Life WithOUT All These Meds!!!!

I Chose My Marriage And Family And Went Through Rehab Just To See What Was What...if The Pain Was Still There And For Awhile It Wasnt...yes I Still Have This Mess...all Of It..and Now Tn...but I Am On 2meds And Might Can Only Take Those...at One Time I Was On Like 9 Meds...people Please Talk To Your Pharmacist Every Time You Get A New Med...ask Beg If You Have To And Tell Them What Side Effects Your Having And Which Med Could Be Causing What...tell Your Doctors Your Concerns And If You Have To You May Have To Titrate Down On Each Med To Find The Culprit..do It Under A Doctors Care...not On Your Own!!!!

I Learned So Much In Rehab...some Of These New Drugs Are Getting Through Fda With Little To No Supervision And Have Terrible Side Effects...keep A Diary Of Side Effects And Only Start One Med At A Time..everyone Is Different And Adding And Mixing Meds Can And Will Cause Reactions...just Be Safe About It..

I Am Changing Neuros For This Reason..and Will Have To Possibly Change My Family Care Doc...my Psyc Doc Has Finally Caught On To My Sensitivity And Now We Start Meds One Week At A Time And I Have To Call With All Side Effects And Med Changes For Even A Cold...some new antibiotics Can Interfere With Anti Eliptics!!!! Be Aware Of This...they Can Cause Changes In Reality And Hallucinations when mixed with some of the seizure meds and other narcotics...

Ok I Think I Made My Point!!!! ...you Can Be Impaired And Not Realize It...this Is Just My Experience With Meds..you Can Not Be Your Own Pharmacist And Your Own Doctor...you Just Cant...So for now I have to stick with older meds that have been on the market awhile...and I have experience with before my pain...No narcotics for me unless its necessary like after dental work..and someone can drive my kids for me..

So I may walk the floors for nights on end in pain and sleep when I can, be there for my kids when they need me and Im stressed but at least I have clarity in my thoughts and actions...for the most part...eventually I will titrate up on the med Im on now and see what is what...I need to give it time like you need to give all meds..Im keeping a diary...I know when I can drive and when I cant and I know not everyone is like this...so please dont take offense anyone..I do what I have to do for me...I guess some people are more prone to sensitivity than others...I am...you may not be...just be careful...that is my mantra.
ginnybean32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote