View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd like to jump in here quickly and respond to something.

Vicc said:

Quote:
asked that questions be limited to what I posted on a the thread on which the question is posed. I think that is reasonable as others may have no idea of exactly what I wrote in another thread. I think my request is reasonable...Vic
You may feel that reasonable. Some may agree, others may not. Others may wish to discuss what's here (or elsewhere as it applies) in depth, even revisiting at times.

We can't expect to to state how another member, or members, should post/respond/question. We can ask, but there are more than just one reading the thread and it's a public thread/conversation, so it doesn't mean that all responding will agree to requests. That's OK. Just as in real life, we can ask but we can't control the other side(s) of a conversation...keeping in mind that conversations evolve with the natural flow as they continue.

What we *do* have full control of is our choice whether or not to respond if others still choose to carry on the discussion in the ways they feel the need to. If someone asks what you feel is an inappropriate question, or is redundant, it's your choice not to respond knowing that there are others reading who may want to with the knowledge they have.

Also, if you're concerned that others might not have the information from another thread, you can always quote or link in your response *should you choose to respond*.

Thanks,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>

Last edited by kimmydawn; 09-23-2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: clarifying