Old 09-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astern View Post
Great thread here!

It might be worth the research for us to know the laws for our particular States.

I do my best NOT to drive when taking any meds, but some times it's unavoidable. But then, I take less than what is perscribed and I do not drive in the firrst hour or so of dosing (the fuzzy hour).

A question for Di and Tam: what are the laws in your states regarding carrying pills without their scrip bottles? I carry an emergency dose of each of my meds - were I to keep them in their pill bottles, they would be too cumbersome to carry. Am I risking anything by doing this? If I were searched, could I be hassled for "transporting controlled substances"?

Anne
We ran into this at work recently. A client had his vicodin in an unmarked container and the sheriff had him bring in the bottle and script information to make sure.
IF we all carried the emds we took, first they could be stolen, exposed to heat, spill, need a brief case on wheels to tow, (not really)

if you become ill maybe while shopping it may be important to have medications listed somewhere.,.BUT we all take a few pills in a container to have on a shopping trip etc.

Technically, they do have to be marked.
If not, it is a pain in the butt to provide proff, but you will not be arrested.

I just wanted to add, Tams post was a hit close to home. Yes we have to be deligent in our meds and if our doctors notice a problem, or if our families are not just upset at the meds we are on; but how we act or don't act.... that is a heads up.

But no police officer can arrest us just because we take the meds....nor harass, put hands on. There has to be an investagation and and formal charges.

Even with not having the perscriptions right on your person; you can provide the scripts if asked.
It is like carrying your license, we are required to have it on us. But, if we do not there is 24 hours to provide it to law enforcement before they can write a citiation for failur to provide it to police.
(in PA.)

Enjoy life, be safe, use good judgement,
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote