Thread: Effexor?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone...the doc who gave it to me IS familiar with me and everything I am on, and all my issues He speicifically mentioned that it was a good choice becuase it woudl not interact with anything I was taking.

For better or worse, I have tried it...and in this first 48 hours If eel really great- within about 6-8 hours of taking the first pill I am super calm and relaxed and so much less pain that i have immediately cut my regular pain meds in half. Is this better than them? Well, good question. I don't know that any of us coudl really answer that. Is depression a problem for me? Well, not a really significant one, but maybe a littel and i DO need pain relief, so I guess it is worth a try.

I may really be opening a pandora's box re: the side effects...i have only been on pretty much straight narcotics up to now, and had just sampled a muscle relaxer a bit, so somethign more complicated than that is a big step for me. Anyone know if you can knock out the side effects of withdrawal with anything (narcotics?)

Please keep any comments that you have coming, i really really appreciate it. and the PM's too. You guys are really awesome

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote