View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I am sorry that this thread has hurt and upset so many people.

It seems like whenever I think of something like this, and think, "wow, I should share this with the TOSers", I get PMs of upset.

I am not directing this at anyone.

I don't care if there is good probable cause to pull a car over...or individual cases of where things got turned over...it's the initial pain and hurt of the process, the holding cells, maybe even being dressed and put in general poplulation while you wait for bail!!! Am I spitting in the wind here? I clearly am worried about how someone with TOS would handle the process. I was, in fact, thinking sefishling OF ME. The point is, once you are either pulled over, or, in an accident, if the officer says, "have you taken any medication?" What are you going to say? What might happen next? MIGHT HAPPEN?

So think it through considering your own state and issues.

In CA there is no law to carry an identifying bottle that I am aware of, but I haven't worked for 5 years and don't feel like researching it...however, just logically, it goes back to the old thing of where do you go / what do you do while they figure it out? (Whoever they might be.) (Because of the laws against selling or sharing meds.) For me, I do carry ALL of my meds with me, in their bottles, ALL of the time...always have.

So, if I end up erasing my thread, please do not be upset, but I am feeling rather attacked by this one, when it is just a "what if" situation that I thought maybe others would want to be safe on. There are too many people here who think I am writing this to them, about them, when it was prompted by something totally different, and in context of my car being gone for the last two weeks...
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote