View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow does this bring back some memories of my own life and having to take meds for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Two diff occasions come to mind..the first was in 2000 when I had traveled by myself,7 hrs one way to spend a wknd with some friends. Of course when you're with friends and having a good time, you NEVER know when to go to bed..so the body was a little tired to begin with..
Not thinking anything out of my regular routine, I got up, ate breakfast, took my morning meds, and set out on my return trip back home. Within half an hour I jumped as my right front tired ran off the edge of the road into the gravel. Luckily, no injuries to anyone, THANK GOD!!! I was so groggy I was turning a/c on high to stay awake (this was in January). Much sugar, chocolate, coffee and anything else I could shove into my mouth to stay awake and I made it home safely.
The second such occasion was in '02 when I had driven 425 mi. one way with my husb. and son to get some of the items from my fathers estate. I was on Trileptal at that time and was drowsy constantly. Hubby and son in the rental truck, I in my mini van behind them, I doze off and woke when hitting the rumble strip on right side of interstate while traveling 70mph!!! I bawled, absolutely bawled in fear of what COULD have happened. Needless to say, my son drove the van the rest of way home and I slept in rental truck with hubby driving that. Dr. was so alarmed that he marked it as an "allergic to" in my folder on file with his office, never to take it again.

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote