Thread: Chronic Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Shari,

My CFS is the hardest thing for me to deal with. I also have the Fibro, RSD, MS, TOS, CPS, IC, and too much more to name.

I go to sleep reading, watching tv, or with company around. I have almost fell out of the bed and off chairs because of it.

It's the one thing that I complain about most with my Doctor. He actually believes that I have something else going on causing mine so he sent me to an Immunologist which can't find any answers. He did find I had sleep apnea but due to a VNS implant for depression I can only use Oxygen at night. It is not helping with the CFS.

When I first noticed it the most is when I slept for about 16 months straight. I was going nuts trying to function normally. Luckily my husband was very understanding about the mess I have been in. I finally got through the sleeping all of the time to now just falling to sleep when I'm reading, watching tv and just sitting around. What is embarrassing is trying to stay awake when you have company and they are talking to you and here you are needing toothpicks to keep your eyes propped open. LOL Too many times to count.

I have trouble taking meds so I just don't ask for any anymore. If new ones come out my Dr. will let me try them but otherwise I just try and deal with it.

I don't sleep at night either. That is another thing I keep asking my Dr. How can a person have CFS but still not be able to sleep at night?

I totally know where you are coming from. I too have trouble with the breathing. That's one of the reason I am not able to use the sleep apnea machine. I quit breathing in my sleep a lot and I also found out this summer I have a lot of allergies. They have given me allergy meds but again, I can't use them. I can start doing little things like cleaning the house and I start huffing and puffing.

I have no muscles. Since losing Bill my Grandson opens my jars for me and helps me with anything I need done around my house along with having 2 caregivers to do what I can't do.

As I said, I totally know where you are coming from.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote