View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OK, I will get on this in the morning. I don't feel like pneumonia. I have had it full blown badly enough to be hospitalized twice, and felt like I had been hit by a Mac truck...

I don't know about the rest of you, but getting help here at night, on weekends, or in a hurry if you are in a bind, is not easy. A lot of times, doctors just tell you to go to the ER...

I have gotten better treatment at one particular Urgent Care center here which is staffed by 2 GP's. He insisted I come back and he wants me back again this week. They seem thorough, good about followups and are a little different than other centers I have seen like this, as they take regular patients too-not just emergency situations.

Do you all think that GP's are less knowledgeable overall than Internists? My care is so disorganized. This GP is leaving the Urgent Care to join an already established family doc practice. He was trying to explain something about the use of shared electronic charting between docs to help accomplish organized care.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote