View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
On the COPS TV show they had a girl carrying her meds loose in her purse and they said it was illegal - but I don't recall the state that episode was filmed in. {Vicodin}
I would use an empty container and out a day dose in it. Never carry all the meds. What if they were lost, stolen, misplaced. Another thought....When we pick up our meds there is a document attached tht has the medicaiton, dose and any side effects. If I carry my in case meds, It would be a help to just have the paper of those meds with me.Maybe photocopy the ones I carry onto one page and take that. I have a med book, like a fold calendar book, with all the doctos and meds I refer to for doc visits. I have my eye glass perscription in it, and could keep the pharmacy paper in it too.

After all, even illegal users could put illegal drugs in an antibiotic or allergy container...that does not make it legal!

I am guilty of putting the three meds together in one container. If it is an issue the reg. bottles or pharmacy can give proper information. But, I donl;t take these meds all the time. They are rescue meds I may need if flare happens out of the home.

The client we had with the vicodin lose; he is a PA in a specialty heart clinic. I wonder first he should not have brought them into the center, leave them in the car. What if one fell and a child found it. ALso, it raised my awareness, what is his condition to need Vicodin, and can he work a high risk unit?

That seems dangerous?
make me go ummm.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote