Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker View Post
This sounds like TOS to me: Here are the sytoms i had before surgery starting with fingers aching in all of them sharp pains in middle and on half of the pinkie also pins and needles The sharp pains not all the time also thumb and the fat part below the thumb aching some times sharp pain. The wrist constant aching with sharp pain that would be in the middle and sometimes it felt like a stabbing burning pain. Forearms very tight and aching all the time elbow aching as time went on upper arm start to ache then it moved up to shoulders to neck then down to shoulder blade. Oh just about forgot hands always cold and colour changes whitish to blueish and some times when i would shower they would be clear like i could see through and count all the veins that ran through.

This sounds like a pulled ligament or pulled nerve. I had this - it went away after a couple of months. It was part of healing, they must have pulled it while operating. I think Beth had this.Burning in the inside of upper arm right to the armpit i do get burning at times in shoulder blade.

OK - this is sounding like the beginnings of RSD to me.Now my hand for over a week now my hands have been feeling like they are on fire and they have changed colour to red and pinkish in the palms they are warm to the touch. I get sharp pain on half of my pinkie and thumb

Neurological damage. May or may not be permanent. I have it if I push down with my ring finger - I can make tremors. One other thing i forgot is i have had tremors in my right hand and arm about 6months after my carpel tunnel surgery i still have it but it now seems stronger and it last a bit longer then before. I do get in my left but not very often now i had one doctor say it was from carpel tunnel that is why i end up seeing other doctors because i did not believe carpel tunnel could cause tremors. Now that i think of it no one did say why i was having tremors tos i guess. I find massage to be the ONLY thing that helps me temporarily. Even meds don't help like a gentle massage. If you can get these, I really believe they are both immediately comforting and lead to healing. Also, the lymph system in our body / skin cannot be ignored - I never want to get a lymph infection or blockage - those poor people!!! So yes, massage, right-on!!!So these are my sytoms i don't think i left anything out i have had no other pain any where else on my body oh ya head aches but when i was going to message therapy she got rid of them for me in fact she got rid of the tightness in my shoulders and the burning and she had started to work on my hands which seem to help a bit but then i got my call for surgery so we had to stop i well be asking Bethune if i can go back. Oh ya i did forget something my fingers swell up like sausages this happened before and now. Ok that's it and once again thank you for the help and the support god knows i need it. I have it from family and friends but even though i have not met any of yous it feels good to know that people out there still care and understand what i am going through and care enough to keep in touch. I have never felt so blessed before i just wish i could have realized this with out having to have tos. What a life i guess some lessons are hard to learn.

What meds are you taking that could help RSD? That's what Id' ask my doc. For me, it was suggested Cymbalta and Lyrica. The Lyrica caused diabetes in me. But what about Neurontin. That comes highly recommended. Please seek some help on the RSD, I don't want you to get the whole deal like I did.

God bless you little Muckity Muck.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote