View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Hon:

You have lots going on in your life right now. As far as his possibly being B-12 deficient, the normal blood test for B-12 in the body, well it is not correct. Rose, our resident B-12 expert, as well as others on these boards, will attest to that. The range for B-12 is too broad.

If a person has neuropathy (as I do, and I have diabetes), well my B-12 level was over 900 and I had pins and needles, vibrations, zapping and burning. I bought the Methylcobalimin version of B-12 (got it from iherb.com). and I take one losenge under my tongue evey morning. Each losenge is 5000 mcgs. See where the megadosing is happening here??

You can pick up a bottle of B-12 at your local drug store but it will contain another version of B-12 which is cyanocobalimin and your body has to convert it to Methyl in order for it to do any nerve repair. Our bodies do not store enought of B-12.

So I have been taking this Methyl -12 for over 4 months now and the difference in my zips, zaps, and burning, well, it's been dramatic.

However, it did nothing for my husband and because he's not the patient type, he said "you take it, it seems to work for you".

Yes it works just fine, except when I got stressed, like I did for the past two days. I had a flare-up. That's what stress can do to a person with neuropathy.

Now you have not found out why your guy has neuropathy. You only know he has these symptoms and he just took a spinal tap. Will it do any harm for him to take Methyl b-12? No, not at all. Will he have the same dramatic results I did??? No one knows. That's what happens. What works for some does not work for others.

If his pain becomes to intense I'm sure he will be prescribed some Neurontin or Lyrica. It interrupts the pain signals.

First you take care of the pain, then you worry about why you have neuropathy. That's the credo of the people here on the boards. Many things can cause neuropathy, from MS, from Guillian Barre, From Charot Marie Tooth, Alcoholism, diabetes. etc. etc. See what I mean? So many things can cause it. Sometimes, we never get to find out. That's why we do the Methyl B-12 (which is known to repair cells and nerves and is really good for the body.

But if you think you can go and speak to you doctor and tell him "hey, if he takes Methyl B-12 and the people on the neuropathy board said it works for them", well be prepared to be shooed away and the doctor says "oh, I don't believe this". I get this all the time, and I'm living proof that Methyl B-12 worked for me.

I just have to watch my stress level.

Stress is a killer.

So you hug your little baby and you kiss your guy.

Here's hoping you get some answers.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote