Thread: There is Hope!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Yannimac,
Sorry to be late in reply. My sons recovery was gradual. He had a nice relaxed summer and swam, played a little tennis, made up school work etc. He had no symptoms most of summer. Two times he had nausea and vomiting from riding in the back of minvans and he would be nausous and pale for hours. Interesting enough, both cases had a good amount of stress invoved with them. Family discourd, from extended family etc. Stess and over stimulation make him sick. All of August, he was great. He has been running hard and I have been trying to slow it down, but he loves being with the friends and goofing aound with them. This does not seem to affect him. Last week he was tired when stressed about drivers ed. road test and did say he was nausous. This all went away, after a good night sleep. he passed his drivers ed and has license. He bounced back and has been fine again for a week. Stress and worry seemed to be the problem and something I see as a problem for set backs, but as time moves on the bounce back time seems to be quick from these brief incidences. Hope you are doing better. We did not do anything else other than rest, no pain meds, no biofeedback etc. He does still take Melatonin for sleep. He is afraid to not take it, I am thinking he should try to wean down. Take care and stay in touch.
Nancy F
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote