View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Chemar!
Well YEH! for you! I too am glad that this day is finally over for you. I know you have been anticipating it for quite some time now.

It is very important to follow the post op instructions. What really helps to keep the area clean of debris and also aids in the healing is the warm salt water rinses. As I'm sure your instructions say, begin rinsing with warm salt water 24 hours from when you had your teeth extracted. The first two days of rinsing you just want to "gently" swish the salt water around and then by the third day, rinse a little more vigorously. Rinse 3-4 times a day, especially before you go to bed at night. We recommend that our patients rinse with salt water for at least 2-3 weeks post op........ sometimes longer if the patient tends to build up alot of plaque. This rinsing really does wonders to heal the extraction sites!

I also have patients that tell me they use the homeopathic, Arnica, under their tongue to reduce pain and swelling. This worked so well for some, that they never needed a pain pill! They take it every 4 hours or less, depending on their level of discomfort, for about 3-5 days. It does not interfere with any meds so it can be combined with whatever else you are taking. Arnica is actually used post operatively for various surgical cosmetic procedures because it reduces inflammation and promotes tissue healing. So it's great at healing the gum tissue as well!

I also wish to emphasize that a nutritious diet, along with some extra vitamin C will help you feel well and it will speed the healing along.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote