Old 09-24-2007, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcharris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Hello - I have been reading various posts on Methyl B-12. I do not have a deficiency. I do have severe DPN. Is this something that could be useful regardless of whether there is a deficiency? 1000 mcg or 5000 mcg daily?
Is it safe to take with prescription meds?

Cheryl I am also trying to learn as much as possible about B12 which I discovered is ESSENTIAL....... it is my new learning that as B12 is a water soluabble vitamin, it should NOT build up to toxic levels under normal conditions within the human body. Perhaps one of the more knowledgable members would care to agree/disagree .... substantiate this comment?

Cheer's from Clare in Tassie
Yes, B12 doesn't build up in our systems. What our bodies don't use, they excrete.

It's important to remember that we need B12 in all of our tissue, and just as it takes a long time for it to be depleted, it also takes a long time to replenish it.

Just because we have a lot of B12 in our blood doesn't mean it is going in the same big numbers into our tissue where it is needed.

I think that's why I've been having replacement therapy for nearly ten years, and my fingernails are now much smoother, but not smooth.