View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicc View Post
GnP

I believe you mentioned in Roz's thread that the air pressure could be different which would explain why one was not cured

The last thing I want to do here is debate something I wrote on another thread, but I suggest you try reading what I wrote before commenting on it: If you read my post you will see that I argue that the industry standard for HBO (100% oxygen at 2 ATA) is too much oxygen at too high an ATA for RSD patients. I said that patients are fortunate that they didn't have adverse outcomes at those levels.

Also, I never talk about HBO as a cure...Vic

I had my HBOT at 2 ATA as did all my fellow chamber mates.
It was considered by our HBOT physician that less ATA would not be therapeutic.
I would agree that for a small minority of patients 2 ATA maybe too much for them as has been documented on this site by someone who did get worse after her treatment. HBOT does come with risks when in the hands of inexperienced technicians or for those people who may have certain other illnesses or for those who smoke but there is an extremely thorough medical history taken before you are accepted for HBOT and there should always be medical and nursing staff on hand to recognise any problems if they arise.

I would suggest that our Physician his hardly likely to play Devil's Advocate and risk our lives at that ATA if he had any major concerns with those he had in the chamber.
My only problem was with my first dive which was only 1.5 ATA when I had oxygen toxicity, the other 50 or so dives went without incident for myself or my fellow "divers"
I trusted that after I had made many enquiries about the treatment centre that I was referred to and found that it was indeed reputable and had been providing quality care for many years, that I was going to be safe in my treatment----and I was.
Am I lucky to have survived 50 or so 2 ATA treatments No, I don't think so. It was clear we got exactly what our bodies could take and that was no fluke.
Cheers Tayla