Thread: Tasks for a SD.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin

Today Caleb brought me my shoes, as he wanted to go out! LOL I hadn't taught him that Just recently I've begun putting my shoes on and taking him out front rather than letting him loose in the fenced back yard.

He also tells me when I've been at the desk or computer too much. He comes, gets "into" my lap (well, he stands on his hind feet and the rest of him in on my lap) and puts his head on the desk and papers, or keyboard. When I went to move him today, he turned his head sideways, covering MORE papers. I finally got the "hint."

He recently learned to close his mouth when told to. When I check his paws each night (as I check him over and massage him) he has a tendency to soft bite or at least open his mouth and show teeth. (He's a labradoodle and has a soft mouth.) So I said that was enough...and closed his mouth and told him to close his mouth. When he did I praised him and gave him a treat. Now, already, when I say close your mouth, he does it. Good dog, sit, stay.

He recently taught himself to check out the house. There was a loud noise in the middle of the night. We "both" sat up in bed and looked at each other. I was relieved when he (the dog) decided to go check things out, the first time he had left me in any cautious situation. [He's still a puppy.] When he didn't bark or growl, I knew things were ok. [Turns out the tilers had pulled on my closet shelving, and it fell in the night with the clothes. I am moderately deaf and couldn't tell where the sound had come from.]

Sorry if I rambled. It's just so exciting to see him mature day by day.

Are you sure you just haven't found a treat she likes?