View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update and venting!

Thanks everyone for your comments on this thread.

To Glenntaj regarding the ANCA test - I will have to wait now 'til December when I see the new Neurologist before I can pursue this or anything else regarding my PN....but many thanks for your comments.

To fill you in on today's visit with the Endocrinologist who I have been seeing for six years with my adrenal insufficiency and with whom I thought I had some rapport! He just about blasted me and said what did it have to do with him, my diagnosis of PN. I said I was just wanting to pursue any avenues that may relate to my other condition and also eliminate any doubt that a prediabetic state may contribute to the PN. I explained that I had normal random blood glucose's. He said categorically NO he would not order a GTT as the PN definitely could not be related to diabetes.

Then he basically cast doubt upon the PN diagnosis and said I didn't have it and it would all go away. I started to choke up (it was deja vu of three weeks ago with the Neurologist) and I said "so you mean all this burning and the other symptoms will just go away" and he said "yes". Then he said "why are you upset, I thought that would be good news?"...to which I replied something to the effect that it was very good news if it was true.

So I'm totally disillusioned now. His whole manner was not even one of listening first, then speaking his mind - he verbally pounced on me almost as soon as I walked into the room, before I had time to say much at all.

What is wrong with these medical professionals?

Hopefully by December when I am due to see the other Neuro I will be able to cancel the appointment as my PN will have completely gone!!!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote