View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Donna and Nancy, thank you so much for your replies and support. Donna, I will keep you in my prayers - if that is ok with you - and hope you will get better.

Nancy, I am so glad that you keep us posted on your son. I think it gives everbody hope for recovery. I know what he went though with the foggy feeling and not being able to participate in school and other activities. I missed out on summer and all the rides with my bike club, which is my main social life. I'm over 50, so I can only imagine how hard that was for a teenager.

I still have some problems with the back of my head being really sensitive and not being able to get comfortable at night, so I don't know if that's why my headache is worse in the morning, but I think that's why the neurologist gave me the Neurontin. I started on 100 mg and have to work my way up to 600 mg, increasing every three days. It sure makes me feel lousy, but I will give it a try. I had a call on Sunday from a friend who is a pharmacist and he was going to recomment this medication for me. He explained that after a concussion the nerves can get overactive and stay that way and the neurontin can help to get them back to normal, but it takes some time and the side effects should go away. So, let's hope it will work.
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote