Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Sue,
no, i did not have rsd until the nerve palsy i awoke with after the hip surgery, and i was told it was from the trauma to the nerve being stretched during surgery, which you and i obviously have since we both have the palsy. my leg just got more and more painful as the first few days went on. i was not officially diagnosed with RSD for several months though.
i try to look at all the angles of this monster with an open mind, but to tell you the truth, i do not ever dwell on how it happened. i find it better to dwell on how best to live with it. so i read, and i listen but i do not get all in a huff, because i know, as you know, that NO ONE really knows a darned thing! ha! that kind of always makes me laugh. not a single soul knows so why argue?
i would like to see more of how people cope, and how they keep a good attitudes, and how they deal with their families and doctors and lawyers ... and more about just life.
the only fact i know is i have RSD and have had it for so many years i can hardly remember what life was like before it, i work hard to keep my spirits up and survive ... that is what i know.
love your hip sister, joan