View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Got an Email from Shellie... Here it Is!!!

Hi Alison!

Today is my first day back at work. By the time I walked in the door, I was already feeling the pain flaring up, after driving, getting ready, gathering my things, and taking the hike from the parking lot into the building and up the stairs to my office. But I have pain meds with me, and I'm doing things slowly and trying to stay off this computer. Luckily not too much work has piled up while I was gone. I have clients to get in touch with and I will soon resume my appointments with them, but they are all very understanding and so far none have pressed me to meet with them immediately.

I had gotten used to waking up slowly, taking my time in the morning and sipping my coffee, taking a leisurely shower, etc. so it was kinda tough this morning. I wish I had a way to prop my arm while sitting at my desk--i'll be bringing a pillow tomorrow.

Up until right now, I have been doing great. I've returned to work 2-3 weeks earlier than expected, doc says I'm doing great. Only occasional slight numbness when i'm overdoing it, and I'm trying to be cautious. Doc said no PT, which concerns me, but I go to the neuro doc in 2 weeks and I'll bring it up to her. i'd like to go to pt so that i can regain my strength w/o hurting myself by pushing too hard too soon

Went to the beach this past weekend, it was LOVELY. beautiful weather, gorgeous beach. we shared a house with 4 other couples. it was amazing. If you ever get a chance to go to Charleston, SC you should do it. Beautiful historic city with gorgeous beaches, great seafood, and great shopping.

if you don't mind, will you cut and paste this to the forum? I'm really trying not to type too much just yet.

thanks for the note and send hugs to everyone for me.

Love
shellie

Michelle

everybody~
i had written to shellie because we haven't been seeing her around the forum much since immediately after her TOS surgery and i was missing her. also, of course, i wanted to make sure things were going ok for her and it sounds like they have been. up to now (funny how that works!). but it just may be that the ghost of maynard g. krebbs is upon her today (i know you are waaaay too young to get that reference, so don't even try!!!)

anyway, i am sure she would love to hear from you guys.

thanks,

alison aka seapines

Last edited by Sea Pines 50; 09-25-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: fix dobie gillis but good
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote