View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I would phone up the neuro who specializes in PN. I would try and get this guy on the phone. I would ask questions. If you get a reasonable, respectable guy who seems knowledgable about what tests to ask for, then I would go for it.

And if I couldn't get that person on the phone, I would ask if they do e-mail, or take faxes. Then I would write down all my concerns, and send it in an email or a fax. Then wait a short time, then phone them up and ask "do you have a minute to answer some of my concerns.

I do this all the time. Sure, docs are busy and can't sometimes come to the phone, but they have assistants who do this for them. You ask the questions, the assistants get the answers and phone you back and help you out. Or you can ask "when is a good time to phone you back so we can see if this neuro is right for my wife".

See where I'm coming from???

Before I drove all those hours, I would try and get SOME kind of handle as to how the doctor is, what kind of tests he would have done. I mean, you have the right to do this. I've done this.

And if you get a person on the phone who won't give you the time of day, well, I wouldn't go to that office in any case. Because you have to deal with staff and some times, that is not an easy road.

Just my two cents.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote