View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Bobby,

Burn pain is especially painful, it's a while other realm of pain, I only had a burn the size of a tennis ball on my stump from where the muffler was on my thigh, but it took ages to heal and it hurt, triggering phantom pains that were excruciating. I too have PTSD (that is usually how I have seen it written...) from the accident and I find now that I tolerate much more pain then I did before this experience. I think I am just more stoic about it and less prone to complaining. I went almost four years with Chronic pain from a neck injury in a car accident before it got so bad I couldn't lift my arms and had to ask for PM help. (Pain Management)

I know how hard it is living with pain, but also recognize that surgery is necessary sometimes. I had to have my leg surgically set after the accident and it was so hard to let them wheel me away and put me under. It was just terrible, the anxiety was tremendous, I understand it all too well Nikko, I hope that the surgery helps make the pain go away. I know it's hard to go through, but you can do this.