View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Useful links!

Glenntaj, thanks for those urls. I have printed them off and am working my way through them. Any more articles/links that you or anyone else find - particularly research or medical journal type articles (the only ones which have any credence with doctors) I'd be very thankful for. Abstracts are also ok, as I can always go the university medical library and get full text copies if I have to. I used to have remote patron access to all the medical journals from home but don't at the moment!!

What makes my endocrinologist's outright refusal to do this GTT even more - well I was going to say negligent - is that I have been taking oral corticosteroids for many years (since childhood) because of my congenital adrenal gland condition. This in itself puts me at some extra risk of developing insulin resistance and/or type 2 diabetes.

What concerns me mostly was his closed mind on the subject - so even though I probably do not have any whiff of diabetes, I can't believe that it wasn't even an option for him to consider in my case or future cases. Perhaps he has just not read the literature on the studies that have been done with PN people and prediabetes....but what would I know. I didn't feel confident enough to push the point with him about the research that has already been published on this subject.....he made me feel such a worm!

There's nothing more I can do now until December in terms of the PN other than keep reading and learning about PN ....and hope that it all sorts itself out eventually.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote