Thread: Sleep Question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I take 1mg klonopin and 150mg trazodone. I've been taking klonopin for quite a while. I started the trazodone last week.

I continue to have trouble sleeping with the above mix of drugs. Sleeping is my biggest problem. The impact of problems such as my rigidity and bradykinesia make life more challenging, but poor sleep can make life miserable.

I've tried higher doses of klonopin, but I had problems remembering things--especially short-term memory. Of all the sleep aids I've tried, I think the klonopin has worked the best. It relieves the myoclonus through sedation. Unfortunately, it is addictive, but then again, addiction isn't so bad when monitored by a doctor. I had to battle the addiction to klonopin when the doctor lowered my dose a few months back.

So far, the only side-effects I've had from the trazodone are headaches, tinnitus, dry-mouth, and mild bruxism. I usually have these and a few other symptoms when I take antidepressants.

I also sometimes try diphenhydramine hydrochloride, which is found in Tylenol PM and related generics, and is also an antihistamine. There's an all herbal product called "Calms Forte" that is useful as a sleep aid and is also good for stress relief.

I guess I should also mention that I have sleep apnea and use a device called a CPAP machine to force air into my lungs and keep me breathing. It can be annoying, but it keeps me breathing.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote