View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Well, went back to the NL to talk about the Chiari. He said I do have Chiari 1 but you never want to do anything about it untill it is at least a 3. I took my films with me, he looked at me & said I know that radiologist, he is very laid back but smart as hell, so I am not going to bother looking at your films. Now, how is that for great healthcare? I'm telling you I am really going to loose it soon. I am so frustrated with doctors. I did get a lead on a doc in Orlando, put in a call to him, still waiting to hear back. I need a doc that knows & treats Chiari. My NL said I have Migraine caused by Occipital Neuralgia. He put me on Xanax, .5 - 1MG 3 x's a day people. What the hell?!? He said if this doesn't work then I will have to get Cortisone shots in my neck. Yeah, whatever! I heard those can actually cause major nerve damage, plus I am not a fan of needles. Of course, this is all after he brought up 3 other meds I have already been on, and they didn't work. Hello, if we are running out of options, don't you think that maybe it could be something else?!?!?! If anyone has any information for me it would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss. Has anyone else had lots of symptoms with a 8MM herniation?

Lizard - thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. God bless.
wendy32221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote